Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What should I do for them???


Everyone likes to have an outing in the evening...but for me...I dont know...Really I am not interested in these outing....You may be thinking the reason now.....the reason is....the beggars. You may feel that I dont like the disturbance from the beggars...not so....if a beggar is locked by my eyes, my mind will start thinking of him...Different unanswerable questions will be raised in my mind...like,What circumstances made him to be in this present condition? Where do they sleep each night? Are they getting sufficient food, daily? What will they do if they got sick?These are just a few examples of the questions which arise in my mind.....Everyone knows that these are not the questions so particular to me....but, still...I can't  divert my mind from this...Is it my duty to to help them? Always my mind  gives me the answer as 'yes'.  The beggars are being ignored by our society.  I always had thought : What would I have done if I was a beggar? Really I cant even think of that even for a fracton of second. Can you think that? The friends who are walking with me would always advise me not to think like Mother Tharesa and this society cannot be corrected only by you. But still my mind is around those beggars....Am I the lone person who does think in this way?
Definitely not...
  Always our concern about the beggars in bus stand or railway station will end up with 1 or 2 Rs coins that give so much of weight to your wallets. But something blocks everyone after a certain limit. So, now I have to ask one question to myself. 


What can I do for them...? 


decided  that, the amount that I am giving to a beggar who is approaching me should be enough to meet his  breakfast , lunch or dinner. Whenever I plan for an outing, an amount for this will be reserved. This is the help that I can do currently... And I want to feel the satisfaction on their face when they receive the money...I think, that feeling will give some meaning to my life and I can sleep well on that night.....

Let them too live happily atleast without hunger.......

5 comments:

  1. I don't know how to express my feelings regarding this matter ................i think me also think like this ....................but the major reason for this is negligence of our society ..............nobody wants to hear the suffering voice ..............all of us think about how to increase our own satisfactions in terms of money...........anyway I am glad that someone hear their voice atleast for writing a blog ..............................


    --

    ReplyDelete
  2. While going through your blog my eyes locked on this topic. I think i have to say some realities that i had been seeing in the past 3 years.In 2007 the year i joined BVM Holycross college cherpunkal which is situated in front of sacred Infant Jesus church cherpunkal.Every first friday is a special day in tht church lot of people across kerala come there and pray.The point is, it is the only day that we can see beggars in cherpunkal. Ant visuals that can be viewed their was terribly heart breaking scenes many of them didn't have hands legs.... An am wondered how did they came their evey first friday of the month while thinking about that one day i decided to stay in the hostel their and see how this beggars came their on that day . The secret behind it was realy shocking n that day night 1.00am a tempo reached their and 2 guys get on the tempo and throwing out the beggars from tempo. Actually it was a buisness the scene exactly picturised in film slum dog millionare came to my mind.These bad people use this beggars to collect money and they don't even give a single paisa to them.. this is actualy going behind the scene.I reported these things in the churh's office but no use nothing changed still the process continuing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jebin
    Ya ..Jebin. The situation is like this nowadays. Everyone knows these facts but no one is ready to take any actions against the real mafia behind this. The strong political link always helps them to be away from the legal actions. Hope our policemen and politicians will look into this matter very seriously in the near future.
    Anyway let me thank you for sharing your experience here and looking for you to see here again. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete